Autodesk is launching new subscription plans that are based on people and retiring plans based on serial numbers.
These new plans should help you:
- Optimise your licensing costs, by having visibility into your usage data.
- Manage your own license servers or track an anonymous serial number again.
- Provide dedicated access for all employees who need it. No more downtime waiting for licenses.
- Tailor support and learning content to employees based on insights.
What does it mean for you?
These new plans for named users will replace those based on serial numbers:
- Subscriptions with multi-user access and maintenance plans will be retired and cannot be renewed.
- Autodesk will no longer sell new 2 or 3-year subscriptions with multi-user access or allow renewals.
The date for this has been delayed until August due to Coronavirus. If this is due to affect you, act now to discuss your license situation moving forward.
Frequently Asked Questions
Autodesk is launching new plans that are based on people and retiring plans based on serial numbers.
Do I have to do anything?
Not right now. At your first renewal date after May 7, 2020 for maintenance or August 7, 2020 for multi-user subscription, we’ll tell you how to trade in for a named user plan, all while keeping your costs consistent.
What’s the benefit of trading in my plan?
Customers who act will have access to special trade-in offers designed to transition them to new plans offering an improved experience, collaboration and support at a consistent cost.
Can I keep my current plan?
Maintenance plans will retire on May 7, 2021 and subscriptions with multi-user access will retire on August 7, 2021 and cannot be further renewed.
What new options do I have?
When you trade in your existing plan, you’ll choose from our new standard and premium subscriptions based on what’s best for your team.
What else should I know?
As part of retiring maintenance plans, the last version of the Design & Creation Suites will be released in April 2020 for customers to download, and the last date to renew Suites will be April 16, 2020. Customers will not be able to renew this maintenance plan after April 16, 2020