CADSTAR Express provides a quick and easy way for you to experience the basic features of our standard PCB solution. It includes all the core functionality of CADSTAR 18, limited to 300 pins and 50 components, plus the opportunity to experience Zuken's place and route editor tool P.R.Editor XR 2000.
CADSTAR PCB design software allows you to draw schematic designs and transfer them to the PCB layout environment. After an error-free transfer, CADSTAR helps to place the components into the board outline.
Placement and Routing is an integral part of a PCB design process. CADSTAR offers great flexibility in this area by providing both Push-aside Placement and Routing tools (manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic) within the Embedded Place & Route Editor or the advanced standalone Place & Route Editor (P.R.Editor XR 2000). The CADSTAR Variant Manager enables you to generate variants of a 'master' design (included B.O.M’s and assembly drawings) without having to maintain separate files for each variant.
CADSTAR Express - includes self-teach manual
Included within the CADSTAR Express software is a 130 page 'Do-It-Yourself' manual to guide you through 4 different PCB Design processes. The 35 'how-to' demonstration movies contained within the DIY manual will guide you through how to design a PCB, including:
- how to transform a hand drawn electronic circuit into a professional PCB schematic design.
- how to create an error-free transfer of data from schematic design to a PCB layout and then place and route components.
- how to generate CAM outputs that will generate the necessary artwork, reports and files needed to get your PCB built by your preferred fabrication vendor.
- how to create schematic symbols, component and parts for future CADSTAR libraries.
- The guide is included as part of the CADSTAR Express software download and will open on launch of the software.
CADSTAR Online Library
CADSTAR Express includes access to view a limited number of the 250,000+ parts available within the CADSTAR Online Library.
A larger sample of 20,000 parts is now available as an additional download.
CADSTAR Express Sample Parts Library page contains 20,000 parts, with examples taken from the 250,000+ parts that make up the CADSTAR Online Library
This is not the full library of components but a sample to illustrate the benefits of CADSTAR Online Libraries.
This sample does not contain the full library part data available within the CADSTAR Online Library. The sample does not allow you to download zip files containing schematic symbols, PCB footprints and part library information that is available within the full version of the CADSTAR Online Library.