Salary: Competitive - Commensurate with Experience
Location: Accrington, Lancashire
Quadra Solutions houses one of the largest PCB design bureau in the UK, we provide PCB layout services for a wide range of clients in the UK, Benelux and Scandinavia. We are presently recruiting to expand our team of designers to meet increasing customer requirements. Ideally we would like someone to work with the team within our offices in Accrington although we would be prepared to consider remote working for the right candidate. Our designers must have an eye for detail and need to be willing to go one step further for the client, they need to be great communicators able to convey technical information accurately. The workload at Quadra is interesting and varied covering the whole spectrum of PCB design technologies for clients in wide and diverse industries.
The ideal candidate will preferably possess a minimum of HNC in electronics and already have some PCB design experience. The principal tool in use at Quadra is CADSTAR, we also use PADS and VISULA. We are planning to introduce ALTIUM and CADENCE to our capabilities. Experience of one of these systems would be advantageous. IPC CID and CID+ qualifications also desirable.
- Perform all PCB layout design activities including library creation, schematic entry, component placement and routing.
- Generate, correct and maintain part libraries based on component datasheets and drawings
- Create a PCB design packages including fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, Gerber and other design files for PCB fabrication and PCB assembly.
- Liaise with customers engineers regarding service obligations
- Ensure all PCB layouts meet customers design requirements
- Communicate with the customers mechanical CAD teams to ensure PCB compatibility with enclosures and fixings
- Work with PCB fabricators to resolve EQ's & any manufacturing related issues
- Provide quick turn placement and route analysis for design feasibility studies
- The set up and maintenance of Design Rule Checks (DRC)
- Must be willing to travel to customer sites to take design breifs and occasionally work on customer sites
Key Qualifications and Experiences
- Familiar with PCB fabrication assembly processes
- experience with controlled impedance stacks, signal integrity, multi-layer design
- Competent in using/reading schematics as layout references
- Experience with analogue and digital PCB design
- PCB design knowledge of high speed serial communication interfaces such as SERDES, SATA, PCle, Gigabit Ethernet and USB.
- PCB design experience with PCle, DDR2/3/4 and I2C/SPI interfaces
- High speed, high density and high layer count PCB design and layout experience
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC requirement for PCB Design
- Thrives from working in a team based environment
- Highly focused, self-driven with an enthusiasm in extending their own knowledge an skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Exceptional communications skills and the ability to see assignments through to a completion with minimal direction.