PCB Design Software Application Engineer
Salary: 35,000 - 45,000
Salary: Competitive Salary + Car/ Car Allowance
Are you looking for an exciting new role, providing PCB design software support in a dynamic role working with great people?
Quadra Solutions Ltd are recruiting for an experienced PCB Design or Electronics Engineer to join our technical support team. With a background of working with PCB design software packages, the ideal candidate will hold HNC/degree in electronics engineering, computer-aided engineering or similar and have a number of years of experience in any leading PCB design tools.
The successful applicant will be pivotal in supporting software users and providing high-quality training to a wide range of large and small businesses using the software.
In the role you will:
- Work alongside an experienced support team to provide comprehensive support for the CADSTAR suite including SI and PI. Support is delivered using telephone, Web Meetings, video presentations and where appropriate site visits.
- Deliver standard and customer specific product demonstrations, to show the products’ capabilities and also how the potential customer may apply it to their business.
- Deliver classroom and on-site training courses in accordance with Quadra courses and materials. This will include essentials training to new users along with more advanced training to experienced users.
- You will be responsible for the installation and implementation of new systems into our customers. This will include regular communication and site-visits to ensure a smooth initial implementation as well as ongoing upgrades and development.
- Deliver benchmarking and feasibility studies
- Provide professional consultancy to our customers, assisting them through specific projects for SI or PI simulations.
- You will be required to help our marketing team by contributing to technical papers, blogs, newsletters etc. Developing technical PowerPoints and technical content for web site including videos.
What sort of person are we looking for?
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to listen
- In depth knowledge of PCB Design
- Thorough understanding of SI, PI and EMC
- Detailed understanding of PCB Fabrication and Assembly
- Problem Solver
- Commercial awareness
No Agencies please