What’s New – AutoCAD Electrical 202130th September 2020
In AutoCAD Electrical 2021 there is a range of enhancements. The drawing format for this release continues to be AutoCAD 2018. For developers, this is an API-breaking release.
The features listed below are specific to AutoCAD electrical only.
Global Search in the Catalogue
The first innovation is one that has been requested by many AutoCAD electrical users. Within the Global Search functionality, the Catalogue Browser is now able to search for catalogue data across the tables.
Click Global Search to search data in all the available tables.
The Catalogue Global Search dialog box displays the results of the global search.
Additional Manufacturer Catalogue Content
Manufacturer Catalogue content that were previously released as updates are now included in AutoCAD Electrical 2021 as standard. The content updates include the catalogue data from Eaton and Siemens.
AutoCAD Electrical 2021 has optimised the background colours with the icon colours to provide the optimum contrast without distraction from the drawing area.
- Project Database Services
– Improved stability when working with the project database services.
– Component reports now follow the Sort options in the report format (SET) file.
– Improved stability when generating reports.
- Project Setup
– When opening the project, the directory now follows the path specified by the WD_PICKPRJDLG variable in WD.ENV environment file.
- Insert Component and Wires
– The pin assignment of the circuit breaker parent now respects the correct number of child contacts in the drawing.
- Improved stability of the fan-out workflow.
– Wire import now brings the size and colour properties of the wire.
- Panel Components
– Wire numbers that are inserted using Insert Terminal (Schematic List) are now displayed in the panel terminals.
– More stability when inserting panel components.
- PDF Publishing
– In the published PDFs, the hyperlinks with hexagonal arrow style now point to the correct references.