,We take a look through the top 10 most frequently asked questions about Autodesk Inventor
1) What should you use Autodesk Inventor for?
2) What is the difference between Inventor and Inventor LT?
3) How long does it take to learn Autodesk Inventor?
4) How do you use holes in Inventor?
- Click 3D Model tab Modify panel Hole .
- Choose the Placement method
- Specify placement options and select hole geometry
- If there are two or more solid bodies in the part file, click the Solids selector to choose the participating solid bodies.
- Specify the hole type and the appropriate diameters and depths
- Specify the Drill Point type
- Choose a Termination option
- Choose a thread method
- Specify thread settings
Clearance HoleTapped and Taper Tapped Holes
(Optional) Select Extend Start to extend the start face of a hole to the first place where there is no intersection with the target body. Extend Start removes a fragment resulting from the creation of the hole. If the result is not desired, deselect Extend Start to undo the result.
- (Optional) Select Infer iMate to place an iMate automatically on a hole.
- Click OK.
5) How much is an Inventor license?
6) How do I get certified in Inventor?
7) What’s new in Inventor 2021?
The latest release of Inventor is packed with user-requested updates and enhancements to help speed up your design workflows, reduce repetitive tasks and work the way you want.
Inventor AnyCAD for Revit
- Maintain associative links between Revit and Inventor data with AnyCAD for seamless interoperability.
- Speed up drawing creation with updates to sheet formats and iLogic.
Frame Generator enhancements
- Create and document structural members faster with improvements to the user interface and editing tools.
Part modelling improvements
- Save time with part level enhancements for sheet metal, multi-body parts and 3D annotations.
Assembly modelling improvements
- See enhancements with assemblies for tube and pipe, assembly structure and file naming.
Drawing creation improvements
- Streamline your workflows with drawing-level enhancements and new commands.
- Declutter your workspace with new options in the property panel and experience the new dark theme.
- See the performance improvements in parts, assemblies and frame design.
8) Can I upgrade from AutoCAD to Autodesk Inventor?
Yes, AutoCAD users can upgrade their existing software to Autodesk Inventor software. With Autodesk Inventor you get the best of both worlds. 2D and 3D design tools in one package. By delivering enhanced
3D mechanical design productivity and preserving your company’s 2D engineering designs through native DWG compatibility. Therefore, you can easily integrate AutoCAD and 3D data into a single digital model to create a virtual representation of the final product. Inventor software helps you realise the benefits of Digital Prototyping by providing direct read and write of native DWG™ files with no risk of inaccurate translations.
9) How do I purchase Autodesk Inventor software?
Autodesk Inventor is available from Autodesk Authorised Resellers. Contact them now
10) Where can I go for Autodesk Inventor Support?
The Autodesk Knowledge Network is always a great source of help and advice for anything technical related to Inventor, however, we at Quadra are always happy to support and advise you on your software and technical queries. Contact us now
More About Us
Quadra Solutions – Gold Autodesk CAD Design Software Solutions
Autodesk Design software solutions for the Construction and Manufacturing industries. Inventor, Revit, AutoCAD Collections and Vault software help our customers design, visualise, innovate and implement long-lasting design solutions. Contact us for more information.