CAM350 Release 2018 now available
DownStream’s most ambitious release to date, Release 2018, is now available.
Verification, optimisation and output generation with CAM350
CAM350 is the industry de facto standard for verification, optimisation and output generation to efficiently and effectively drive PCB fabrication.
Problems arising during PCB fabrication can drastically impact product schedules, result in costly design re-spins, and require modifications to the design that might compromise the design’s integrity and intent.
CAM350 offers a complete suite of tools, from design through fabrication, streamlining the transition of engineering data into successful, physical PCBs. Inspecting, preparing and validating the PCB design prior to release can result in a significant increase in efficiency, less risk of design re-spin, and, most importantly, successful and efficiently built electronic products.
Key Features for Release 2018 include:
- 3D manufacturing data visualisation – Allows modelling of imported Gerber, Drill, ODB++, or IPC-2581 data into a 3D PCB facsimile as well as model the 3D PCB on a fabrication or assembly panel.
- 3D Design View Port – Quickly switch between 2D and 3D views using the new 3D Design View port.
- New 2D/3D PCB Stack UP visualizer – A “What if” sandbox to orientate artwork layers, insert construction materials, define via technologies, and add thickness and other material attributes in a stack up environment to ensure the 3D rendering has been implemented.
- 3D documentation – Use the 3D PCB model in documents to further clarify design intent or augment traditional 2D documents.
- Support for 3D objects in PDF export – Users can export the 3D model or 3D document in Adobe PDF format.
- Cross Product Integration – Release 2018 creates an integrated 2D/3D manufacturing data preparation environment that allows CAM350 and BluePrint to easily share data between manufacturing data optimisation and analysis with PCB documentation.
- Major GUI facelift to CAM350 and DFMStream to streamline menus and dialogs as well as increase overall ease-of-use and productivity.