Autodesk Account Service is changing!
The service is expected to work more effectively and especially for those with subscription licenses.
The new service:
- has Identity-Based Access
- includes intuitive controls
- gives better performance
- gives users fewer activation issues
- is GDPR Compliant
Impact for Subscribers | single users
|New subscriber |
with single users
|Existing Subscribers |
with single-user access
|New and existing customers who switch to subscription will have improved experience automatically||Existing subscribers with single-user access will be migrated by 2020|
|Activation is done by signing in||Migrated customers will receive an email notification about changes|
|New User Management|
Impact for Subscribers | multi -users
|New & existing subscribers |
with multi-user access
|Customers on Mainatenance|
|No impact – because users are not assigned individually||No impact – unless switching to single user|
Subscription Set up Process
Autodesk Account now has a new view
CM – Controls billing – usually the same person as the primary admin
PA – Primary admins can assign users to software and services in Autodesk Account where users are managed in the new view.
SA – The secondary admin is assigned by the primary admin, or another secondary admin, to help manage users and their access to software.
User – The person who is using the software
Changes to your current account set -up
– admin changes are now
managed by the end-user
– only the designated contract manager will receive billing notices
– if the primary admin needs to receive the billing information, a change must be done
– serial numbers are no longer required for a customer to activate
– we now use subscription id as an identifier and for organisation .
How do I know if the customer is the CM of the primary admin?
- in most instances, the CM and the primary admin are the same
- it is recommended to adds secondary admin instead of changing the primary admin
- The CM will not be changed in the system unless it is manually done so by partners or client services through normal practices.
Email notifications from Autodesk at 90 days, 45 days and 30 days before expiration.
We will call you/ email throughout the renewal period as your reseller or if you need to discuss you can call us on 01254 301888
Things to consider at renewal stage
Check user management to evaluate your needs
- do you have any new starters coming soon?
- do you have any unused seats?
- are any users leaving the project?
For any questions about Autodesk’s Account Service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org