Benefits of Training
Getting the most out of your software
In today’s economic climate, it can be hard to justify training costs when all outgoings are being scrutinised. However, those companies which are riding the recession are doing so by investing in their greatest assets – their staff.
You may believe that purchasing or upgrading your software is enough, but overlooking training defeats the purpose. All software packages bring new and different commands, interfaces and functionality that require specific understanding. Often staff can become frustrated when not trained properly and you’re not benefiting from what the software can offer. Training can bring a whole host of benefits, such as:
- Keeping up to date with new technology. Technology is forever changing and keeping up with what’s new will highlight new opportunities and support you in becoming, or continuing to be, a leader in your market.
- Increasing your workforce's effectiveness and return on investment. Not all software functionality is obvious and when trained, users pick up all functions and reach a much higher level of productivity far quicker than any self taught designer. According to a Gartner Group study, "12 hours of formal training equates to 72 hours of self-paced training."
- Motivating your staff and increasing retention. Not only does training create positive attitudes within your workforce, but it also helps retain employees. Staff who feel they have a path of continuous professional development with their company and are invested in are less likely to want to leave. It is also a lot more cost effective to train existing employees than to recruit new ones!
- 1.3 million people go to work every day without the skills required to maximise their job potential (The Times)
- 90% of users saved at least an hour per week as a result of the training they received (Novell and BrainStorm)
As an authorised Autodesk and CADSTAR training centre, we provide training for PCB and mechanical designers. Our trainers are highly skilful and experienced and will equip you with the knowledge and competency to meet today's design challenges.